Definition of disaster
“The very nature of the threat due to which the social structure and the existing system is torn down and the need for external help is felt to compensate the people, livestock and other property, Disaster is called
- It is absolutely natural.
- Natural factors – terrestrial, air-borne or aquatic – are responsible for these.
- Natural disasters are both destructive and constructive.
- It is almost impossible to predict them.
- The damage caused by them can be minimized by pre-disaster management but it is not possible to stop them.
- It comes, is generated by man.
- For these human factors – carelessness, mistake or negligence done by the human himself are responsible.
- Human disasters are always devastating.
- They can be predicted.
- It is possible to prevent them through management and care.
Read in Hindi: Difference between natural and man-made disaster.