Disaster The effect of a natural or human-caused risk that negatively affects the environment or society. of employees at workplace safety and health related disaster occupational Health fall under the category of disasters. this occupational health Disaster employees are responsible for making the person temporarily or permanently disabled / incapacitated. The adverse effects on the health of workers according to their work and workplace are generally classified under the following heads: classified can be done.
Read More: आग क्या है, आग के प्रकार, आग लगने के कारण?
- Ergonomical Hazards: Under this, there are health hazards related to fatigue, boredom, irritation caused by doing the same work again and again, glare at workplace and abnormal posture or posture, body condition etc. Ergonomical calamities cause diseases like muscle pain, strain etc.
- Physical Hazards: These include disasters related to extreme heat or cold, vibration, pressure, noise and radiation. Mechanical faults or accidents caused by machines are also included in such disasters. Deafness, skin diseases, etc. diseases arise due to physical calamities.
- Chemical Hazards: The use of chemicals in industries is a common phenomenon. In addition to the main chemicals, many types of new chemicals are used in factories every year. Many of these chemicals have toxic effects and are dangerous to health and some chemicals gradually start adversely affecting health after working in the same environment for a long time. Chemicals enter the body through the skin, respiratory or digestive system and cause many types of diseases. Asthma, Monkitis, other lung diseases, cancer etc. are caused due to chemical disasters.
- Radiation HarardsVarious types of diseases arise due to exposure to harmful radiations such as X-rays, ultraviolet rays, etc., such as damage to the eyes, skin burns, skin cancer etc.
- Mechanical Hazards : Mechanical disasters in industries are caused by machines and moving parts. About 10% of accidents in industries are caused by parts of machines.
- Electrical HazardsEmployees may be at risk from electric shock or electrocution for the following reasons:
- disconnected electrical wires or improper use or damaged extension cords
- Improper wiring or open outlets
- bad equipment or wire
- broken receptacles or connectors,
- use of water in cleaning
- unsafe working system
- Vibroacoustic Hazards: The disasters caused by sound and mechanical vibrations in the work environment are called Vibroacoustic Hazards. Ways to avoid vibration and noise related disasters
- Develop and improve methods for measuring and estimating the health effects of sound and mechanical vibrations.
- Develop ways and means to eliminate or reduce the harmful effects of these hazards.
- Thermal Hazards: Thermal disasters are caused by things or materials that transmit heat in the form of energy. An open fire is an example of a thermal disaster as it causes the transfer of heat to the surrounding environment. All these above disasters can be avoided in the following way.
- Familiarize yourself with the entire procedure and equipment of the workshop. Disaster zones in the workshop; Must be outside the Red Line.
- It is important to be aware of the warning signs.
- It is necessary to have knowledge of all external gates.
- There should be good ventilation in the workshop.
- Fire extinguishers must be used.
- Due to fire in workshop like smoke, short circuit etc. rescue should do
- Electrical wires should not be bare in the workshop.
- Safety equipment should be used while working in the workshop.
Read in Hindi: What is disaster? (What is disaster?)