What is Marking?
It is an operation without which any operation on a job; For example, cutting, turning etc. is not possible.
purpose of marking
- Marking saves time.
- Due to this there is no need to measure the job again and again.
- The marking lines act as guides for the artisan.
- The job can be saved from being rejected.
- If the marking is done according to the rules, then the chances of error are less.
- The artisan must have blue print with him at the time of marking.
- The blue print should be read at least twice. The artisan should have the knowledge of the necessary tools and equipment during the marking.
- The marking should be done as per the drawing. The job should always be larger than the measurement of the drawing, allowing the machining process to go smoothly.
- The punching process should be done as per the requirement.
- Do not punch too deep.
- Marking should be taken in advance at the drilling site, so that the machining process can be done smoothly.
- After marking the job should be compared with the blue print.
- The point of contact of the two lines should be marked with a dot punch.
- A divider or trammel should be used to draw a circle or arc.
These are three methods. which are as follows-
(1.)Center Line Method
This method is used for finishing jobs with a zigzag shape, which have no pre-finished sides. During marking, an approximate line is drawn in the middle of such jobs. On this basis, other lines of marking are drawn.
(2.)Datum Line Method
In this method, a baseline is first applied, which is called the datum line. All other lines are made on the basis of this line. This method is used for finishing the attached arms of the job.
(3.)Marking by template
This method is used for quick production on a large scale. In this method, the template of the sheet is made according to the size of the job, after which marking is done by placing this template on the job by the scriber.
Precautions while marking
- The drawing should be read thoroughly before starting the marking.
- The scriber used for marking should be sharp and hard to make a thin and clear line.
- Marking tools as per drawing of Must choose.
- Before confirming the marking, once again a complete marking check should be taken.
- Marks should be marked with the center punch in such a way that the marking is clearly visible.
- While marking, points should be placed on the right line and at an equal distance.
- While placing the point, the punch should be kept exactly perpendicular and the depth of the dots should be the same.
More Information:- About angle plate
My Website:- iticourse.com