In this article we will talk about what is atom in electrical engineering? What is current? What is called resistance? What is Ohm’s law? What is Wheatstone Bridge? Electricity What is called electric potential? And other electrical elements and other electrical laws are studied.
electrical engineering first year
In the first year of electrical engineering, we are taught 11th and 12th class celebs. And after one year, the study of electrical engineering is started.
Atom is the smallest part of any element, it is mainly made up of three small particles –
- electron – negative charge
- Proton – positive charge
- Atom is neutral
Some other key points –
- If the electron in the last orbit of the atom moves to the electron in the other orbit, then it is called a positive ion. ne- < np
- If an atom takes an electron in the last orbital, it is called a negative ion. ne- > np
- The diameter of the atom is about 10^(-10)
The rate of charge flow is called current.
The rate of flow of charge is called current.
i = dq/dt
The unit of current is coulomb per second or ampere.
Some other key points –
- The stream is a scalar quantity.
- The direction of current is in the direction opposite to the flow of electrons, or in the direction of flow of positive charge.
Electric potential –
The work done in a unit charge is called electric potential.
Work done per unit charge is called electric potential.
V = W/Q
- The unit of electric potential is joule per coulomb or volt.
- Electric potential is in the form of energy from.
Ohm’s law –
If the physical quantity of a conductor remains constant, then the current being affected in the conductor is directly proportional to the voltage of the conductor.
l∝V or I=V/R or V=IR
- Ohm’s law is applicable only to a linear element. Whereas, non-linear elements do not obey Ohm’s law.
- All conductors are linear elements.
- Non-linear Element – Diode, Transistor, BJT, UJT, MOSFET, SCR, and all electronic components are semiconductors. It does not obey Ohm’s law. Carbon, resistor, electrolyte are also non-linear components.
- Ohm’s law a.c. and D.C. applies to both.
The resistance which hinders the effect of current charge particle is called resistance.
Resistance to the conductor –
Let the length of the conductor be l m, and the area of the conductor be A m².
So, the resistance of the conductor R –
- Resistance is directly proportional to length. or R l
- Resistance is inversely proportional to area. or R 1/A
So what can we do that –
R∝l/A or R = l/A (Here is the resistivity resitivity.)
What is Electrical Engineering?
Electrical engineering is an engineering in which we are given information about the generation and distribution of electricity. and electrical machines
How long is the Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
If we talk about general diploma, then it is a three-year diploma course and candidates who have passed PCM in 12th can do this diploma course in two years also.
What is the name of the exam for admission in Electrical Engineering Diploma course?
It is mandatory to clear JEEP entrance exam for admission in an engineering college.
Read also. What is plus? What is plier in hindi